Founded in 1972, Action for Children is TRANSFORMING THE LIVES OF CHILDREN IN CENTRAL OHIO.
A private, not-for-profit organization, we are headquartered at 78 Jefferson Avenue in Columbus and operate satellite offices In Delaware, Madison and Union counties. We work with partner agencies in surrounding Fairfield, Licking, and Pickaway counties to provide services throughout central Ohio's seven-county region. Contact the office nearest to you.
Our programs and services include:
- Child care and early learning information and resources free of charge for parents;
- Career resources and professional development for center staff and home providers;
- Workshops and technical assistance for programs offering care for school age children;
- Comprehensive employer consulting services for employers planning and providing work/life benefits;
- Parenting resources and classes through The Art of Positive Parenting (TAPP);
- The Seven Generations Circle of Women, a membership alliance of women philanthropists who support Action for Children through financial resources and leadership expertise;
- Resources for public awareness and advocacy on issues involving child care and early learning.
Get Connected with Action for Children