Action for Children seeks to engage the community in events throughout the year, and keep its stakeholders informed. Check back often for event listings, newsletters, media coverage and more.
- July 13: CDA Celebration
AFC will be celebrating the hard work and dedication of the more than 100 early childhood educators completing Action for Children’s CDA Prep Course since December 2017! The Child Development Associate (CDA) is the nation’s leading certificate program to assess and credential early childhood education professionals, and this event will be one of the nation’s largest completion ceremonies this year. Additionally, CDA credentialing is an important element of achieving quality through Ohio’s rating system, Step Up to Quality.
- October 26: Small Steps Big Benefits, Celebrity Spelling Bee
AFC’s annual Celebrity Spelling Bee will be back with fierce competition, more challenging words, and as always, food, fun and festivities to increase awareness and support for AFC’s mission and early learning programs.
- May 20: First Star Seminar
- Sponsored by the City of Columbus. AFC provided staffing and training for the part-day Saturday program to encourage child care programs to join Ohio’s continuous quality improvement ratings program, Step Up to Quality. The event had nearly 100 child care providers representing more than 60 different child care programs.
- April 22: Children’s Fair & Pre-K Seminar
Newsletters + Publications
Action Items E-news Archives
News + Media Coverage
- Statement on Ohio’s FY 2018-2019 Budget (July 1, 2017)
- AFC to offer free workshops for Family Child Care Providers in Franklin County (February 1, 2017)
- TA Assistance available to 2-Star Programs in SDA9 (January 17, 2017)
- Take Action: AFC Launches 2,000 Days Campaign (November 29, 2016)
- The Gift of 2,000 Days (November 21, 2016)
- Small Steps Big Benefits (November 17, 2016)