Action for Children seeks to engage the community in events throughout the year, and keep its stakeholders informed. Check back often for event listings, newsletters, media coverage and more.
- October 26: Small Steps Big Benefits, Celebrity Spelling Bee – 5:30-8:30pm @ St Charles Preparatory School
- AFC’s annual Celebrity Spelling Bee will be back with fierce competition, more challenging words, and as always, food, fun and festivities to increase awareness and support for AFC’s mission and early learning programs. This exciting “celebrity spelling bee” will be a community celebration of early learning in which each contestant will have the opportunity to compete on behalf of a neighborhood early childhood program. The evening includes cocktails and heavy hors d’oeuvre’s, as well as a wine pull raffle, Golden Ticket Raffle and a live auction!
- In addition to purchasing your event ticket(s), purchase your Golden Ticket Raffle Ticket, too. You have a 1 in 100 chance of winning one of our live auction items before it goes on auction. Click here for detailed ticket descriptions and to make your purchases.
- In case your wondering what everyone is B-U-Z-Z-I-N-G about, take a look at these outtakes from last years event.
- July 13: CDA Celebration
- We celebrated the hard work and dedication of the more than 100 early childhood educators that have completed Action for Children’s CDA Prep Course since December 2016! The Child Development Associate (CDA) is the nation’s leading certificate program to assess and credential early childhood education professionals, and this celebration was one of the nation’s largest completion ceremonies this year.
- May 20: First Star Seminar
- Sponsored by the City of Columbus. AFC provided staffing and training for the part-day Saturday program to encourage child care programs to join Ohio’s continuous quality improvement ratings program, Step Up to Quality. The event had nearly 100 child care providers representing more than 60 different child care programs.
- April 22: Children’s Fair & Pre-K Seminar
Newsletters + Publications
Action Items E-news Archives
News + Media Coverage
- Statement on Ohio’s FY 2018-2019 Budget (July 1, 2017)
- AFC to offer free workshops for Family Child Care Providers in Franklin County (February 1, 2017)
- TA Assistance available to 2-Star Programs in SDA9 (January 17, 2017)
- Take Action: AFC Launches 2,000 Days Campaign (November 29, 2016)
- The Gift of 2,000 Days (November 21, 2016)
- Small Steps Big Benefits (November 17, 2016)